Skate Ontario and CPSC COVID-19 Protocols
Skate Ontario has created a set of protocols to deal with situations related to the COVID-19 pandemic we are all facing. CPSC has implemented the following guidelines developed by Skate Ontario, to ensure a safe return for all members.
As we are limited in allowing a certain number of skaters on each session. Skaters and parents need to read and understand Skate Ontario and CPSC COVID-19 protocols and our guidelines before registering for our programs. Everyone’s safety is our top priority.
Return to Play Guidelines:
CPSC will follow Skate Ontario’s return to play guidelines with respect to club and skating school operations. This applies to; on ice and off ice activities.
Skate Ontario document – (COVID-19 Return to Play Waiver) https://skateontario.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Return-to-Play-Protocols-Skate-Ontario-4.1.pdf
Completion of Skate Ontario COVID- 19 waiver
Completion of Skate Ontario COVID-19 Waiver
All individuals participating in CPSC programming must complete the Skate Ontario Acknowledgement, Release, Indemnity and Assumption of Risk Regarding COVID 19 (Covid – 19 Return to Play)
Any individual participating in CPSC activities is required to complete a COVID-19 Waiver, or have a signed COVID – 19 Waiver on-file with Skate Ontario:
- Board Members
Any Individual Becomes Unwell with Symptoms of COVID-19
- If an individual becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, or if someone is aware of an individual that becomes unwell with symptoms of COVID-19, that individual must immediately stop participations in all CPSC programs.
- The individual should be isolated from all others in a well-ventilated area, or outside and provided with a non-medical face mask if one is available.
- The individual will be sent home and instructed to test for COVID-19 immediately, and follow public health guidelines regarding self-isolation.
- The facility will be informed immediately to determine if any areas need to be closed and/or require additional cleaning/disinfecting.
- A member of the COVID-19 team needs to be informed of the situation and will contact the individual or their parent/guardian to determine if next steps are being taken regarding testing.
- The individual or their parent/guardian should inform COVID-19 team of their result upon receipt.
Any Individual is Tested for COVID-19
- Any individual that is part of CPSC that has been tested for COVID-19 must not participate in any CPSC programs while awaiting the test results.
- CPSC will review the session participation tracking sheets to inform other CPSC members who might have been in close contact with the individual.
- Any members who were in close contact with the individual should not participate in CPSC programs and should follow public health guidelines until the diagnosis of COVID-19 is ruled out by any health professionals.
An Individual Test Positive for COVID-19
- If an individual test positive for COVID-19, they should inform a member of the COVID-19 team.
- The COVID-19 team members will work with the facility and public health officials to assist in contact tracing. Do NOT participate in CPSC activities for 14 days and follow public health guidelines regarding self-isolation and testing.
- CPSC will inform current season participants of a positive COVID-19 result within the club setting.
- CPSC will inform and work with the facility in the case of a positive COVID-19 result and determine if any additional cleaning/disinfecting should be performed as per the facility’s guidelines.
- CPSC will inform Skate Ontario will be informed of any positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
Returning to A CPSC Program Activity Following Illness
- If no test was performed, or the COVID-19 test was negative, the individual may only return to CPSC programs once they no longer have any symptoms of COVID -19 an in compliance with public health guidelines.
Returning to CPSC Programs Following COVID-19
- Following a positive COVID-19 test, an individual must follow public health guidelines regarding return to activities.
Refunds of club programs
- Refunds will apply for any of the following:
- A skater tests positive for COVID-19
- A skater is required to isolate for 14 days due to COVID-19
- If a shut down of the facility is required due to COVID-19
- The City of Toronto or other governing body mandates the closure of facilities and/or termination of activities
Public Health Guidelines
CPSC members should follow all public health guidelines regarding COVID-19. These may include:
- Any individual who has been exposed to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 should self isolate and is not permitted to participate in club activities for 14 days.
- Any individual who has someone in their household showing symptoms of COVID-19, is not permitted to take part in CPSC activities.
- Any individual with symptoms of COVID-19 is not permitted to take part in CPSC activities
- Any CPSC members who themselves have travelled outside of Canada, or has someone in their household who has travelled outside Canada must self-isolate and not participate in club/skating school activities for 14 days.